Sunday, December 03, 2006

Iron Chef Cooper


Battle Iron Chef Cooper begins! Today Erik went to the store and bought a secret ingredient so we could duplicate iron chef (my favorite show on the food channel). I didn't compete against anyone but it was still fun! Erik brought home the secret ingredient: prosciutto (I did not guess that at all!!) and I had 1 hour to make a few different dishes with it.
I made:
  1. Prosciutto apple salad in balsamic vinagrette dressing
  2. Green beans amadine with prosciutto
  3. Prosciutto, tomato, basil, and parmesan pasta
  4. Cranberry orange glazed prosciutto

Then Erik and I tasted the dishes and rated them separately in a spreadsheet I created. The ratings were: taste (10pts), plating (5pts), and originality(5pts). Erik's scores were 7, 3.75, and 3.5 respectively and mine were 7.75, 3.75, and 3.5 respectively. He loved the salad but didn't like the cranberry orange glazed prosciutto (said it was too sweet).

This was such a success and Erik is going to do this again for me. I'm so excited! I've included a picture of me with the 4 dishes.

I also must include an obligatory cute video of Jenna. Click here to see Jenna playing with her car. In the middle of the video she even says "Dada take picture of Jenna". Then she gets in the car and says "beep beep". How adorable!!

Got 79 on quiddler today and made the word "laze". I didn't think "laze" was a word! Oh well :)

3 comments:

Joel said...

Blasphemy! Gina's creations should always get perfect scores!

Anonymous said...

Does Jenna like her car?

Gina Cooper said...

To answer all your comments *smile*:
1. prosciutto is thinly sliced ham with a delicious bacon like flavor - it is YUMMY!
2. Jenna LOVES her car!! She always plays with it
3. Yeah right - you've tasted some of my bad cooking!!