Sunday, October 05, 2008

Fall Fest


This was our last camping trip of the season and we went out with a bang! Literally, watch Erik playing with fire and nondairy creamer.
So no banging or burning with serious consequences occurred but we did have a good time. I can see why the fall festival at Alum Creek State Park was booked up so early (several months in advance!). There were lots of fun activities: we decorated pumpkins, went on a wagon ride, played on the swingset, toured the nature center and saw live turtles and stuffed coyotes, and the kids went trick-or-treating. Erik said it was the best trick-or-treating experience he's been on (not sure if that includes his childhood or Jenna's?).

We went with a big group and one friend who is a Michigan fan had his car vandalized by an OSU fan. You can see the damage in this picture as well as the culprit walking away (Duane - our vacation buddy).
All-in-all it was a blast. I've also included a picture of Sarah eating lentil soup. Yum. I love soup but Erik doesn't and now apparently Jenna doesn't since she wouldn't touch the lentil soup. Only Sarah and I ate it - bummer.
Speaking of eating, I ate so much on these past two camping trips that I should probably start working out again :). I guess it will cancel out since I'm starting a thre day fast next Sunday. I stopped pumping last Sunday, Sept. 28 so now I can do this fast that God has been pressing on my mind lately. I'll let you know how it goes!
I got 75 on Quiddler today which was horrible. I made the words "sweat" and "clear" which I thought were pretty awesome but the high score was 115!


No comments: