Monday, October 13, 2008

Some Great Days

These past two days of prayer and fasting have been so fantastic I just had to write about it. I came home from Devry tonight thinking that I should fast everyday. When I told Erik that he said that I would be dead soon and that he liked me.

While I was going to focus my prayers on our country and the unborn, God has been showing me so much and been surprisingly talkative. God has been doing so much with me.

  1. I've been convicted to change, give, and press on.
  2. I like to read fantasy. I picked up one of the previous series I had read and stopped (not Thomas Covenant) and was just reading along and half of the book finished. I was convicted to stop reading and take the book back to the library. It is a gruesome story but I've read some pretty bad stuff and it's never affected me before. I had to take it back though because I would be tempted to keep reading it. I did.
  3. I've been convicted to give to those in need including people by the side of the road and I did it today (even though I had to turn the car around dangerously!).
  4. I was talking with a few of my students tonight and one of the guys mentioned that he wasn't sure if Devry was the right place for him to go to school. He prayed before his first class and asked God to help him feel comfortable here. He said the admission process was smooth and that I was the first teacher he had (I don't remember him!). He said on the first day of class that I mentioned that I go to church and he knew he made the right decision. Wow. I almost cried when he said that.

Thank you God for this blessing!

No comments: