Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hot Cocoa

Mmmmm....hot cocoa. Nothing is better than hot cocoa on a cold day. Gooey marshmellows, yummy warm hot chocolate warming you up all the way to your fingers and toes. Starbucks has come out with new signature hot chocolates. I've tried both Salty Caramel and Hazelnut. Wow! These hot cocoas are the kind you can imagine drinking on a brisk day sitting by a fireplace. They are incredible. Erik and I went on a coffee date (it's not really a date since Jenna and Sarah are there) to Starbucks and got a salty caramel hot chocolate (for us) and a strawberry frappuccino (for Jenna). We also sampled the pumpkin cream cheese muffin - yum!! So I decided to make these muffins. I made pumpkin muffins and put a dollop of cream cheese mixture in each muffin (I didn't really have enough). You can see the muffin from the picture. The cream cheese mixture was 8oz cream cheese, 1/3 cup of powdered sugar and a little bit of vanilla. I didn't want it to be as sweet as cream cheese frosting but I did want to add a little sweetness. The combination was excellent! Then I threw some toasted pumpkin seeds on top. Yum Yum!


We have been on a painting frenzy lately. We've painted our hall bathroom and our spare bedroom. We're moving Jenna out of her room to the spare room since it is much warmer. Next we decided to paint our room a sky blue color. I can't wait! The dangerous issue with painting is tackling a scary project: the den. I've uploaded a picture of the den. It truly is scary. However, if we were to clean it out and paint it - I think it would brighten up the whole house. At least it would brighten up the den and Sarah wouldn't crawl around eating network cables (hopefully).

Of course I've added a picture of the girls wearing their buckeye cheerleader outfits. And I have to add this video of them "playing". Yes - this is actually what Jenna thinks of Sarah. Someday I'm *sure* they'll be friends (fingers crossed).

83 points on Quiddler today. I guess "famer" is not a word. Apparently there is no such verb as "to fame".

No comments: