Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I'd like my daughter to meet you


Someone recently said this to me. Several people have said this to me back at my old job and at my current job. Which makes me wonder why. Do they assume that I am a role model? I know me and know that I'm not which is why I think this is odd. Are we lacking female role models?


This brings me to the church. I find it interesting that if a business did not allow women in leadership roles it would be considered sexual discrimination. Yet so many churches do not allow women in leadership roles. How is it that the secular world has it right and the church is so backwards? I've discussed this topic before. But we do need more women as role models in the church and elsewhere (not that there are none since I know there are many great women role models, I just don't know why people count me as one).


Okay so in Quiddler today there were so few vowels that I got -46. That was pretty awful. However the second time I only got 28 points. It was actually pretty hard today.
I posted a 3 layer cake that I made for Erik's birthday again. If you're keeping track this is the third cake I made for Erik's birthday. I made a caramel cake to eat with my family, a chocolate truffle torte to eat with Erik's family, and a 3 layer butter cake with chocolate buttercream frosting to eat with our small group. Now I'm wondering why my pants are tight!! Of course, Erik is losing tons of weight since we've been playing squash. I've just been eating more :).

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Gina, your cake looks beautiful!

Don't belittle yourself; you are a good role model for young girls, and I'm sure your friends realize that. you love the Lord dearly, and work hard at things He has called you to do, like the Crisis Pregnancy Center and many others. Just keep doing what God has called you to do, and you never know who may be helped by your life.
love, Mom