Sunday, March 22, 2009

Not Quite the Appalachian Trail

On Saturday, we walked a 3 mile trail through Highbanks with Jon and Michelle and Aaron and Michele. Jon and Michelle will be hiking 75 miles of the Appalachian Trail in June so we thought we'd break them in :). Pulling both girls in the wagon for the 3 miles was a challenge but doable. We are excited for camping this year and hope to take the girls on some hikes (very minor ones!). We scheduled our first camping trip for Mother's Day weekend - this nice weather is so wonderful!


Since I'm a little crazy about making cake, I made a three layer red velvet cake. The cake layers were chocolate with an entire bottle of red food coloring in them and the frosting was cream cheese. This cake was fantastic - I wish I could give you some through the computer.


I also must include some cute pictures of the girls. Jenna was wearing her Snow White dress and decided she didn't like the collar so she put it on Scruff. Poor Scruff. I will need to get a picture of what Sarah does to him. She body hugs him that is almost like a wrestling mood. Poor Scruff. Sarah also decided to sit in the sink - so I just stripped her down to a diaper. She had a good time.
In Photoshop news, I took a picture of my hands to make the shape of an A and made the word PRAY. I'm so excited about my Photoshop progress. someday I'll be good at it.
73 on Quiddler today!













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Scruff, he looks so excited! Look at you Photoshop master! That is really cool how you made that pic.

19 more days until the Coopers invade Missy!!!

~Miss

Anonymous said...

Very delicious looking cake, and beautiful too.

Looks like a fun hike.
love, Mom