Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10


Today is 10-10-10! How cool is this? We should celebrate - I'm not sure how. But definitely celebrate (there is always a reason to celebrate!!). Maybe we can go out for ice cream or something. That is definitely a celebration!

Even though I got a new camera, the two pictures I'm posting don't look that great. The girls were outside playing in the leaves. The backyard is resplendent with fall colors. Yet my camera did not capture it well. The girls had great fun though.

I also posted a picture of the green beans and peppers I made. The dish doesn't look great but I promise it was colorful and yummyful! I adapted a recipe from taste of home to make pepper butter. I used:

Half a red pepper, half an orange pepper and half a yellow pepper diced. I sauteed them in butter until tender. Then in a food processor I put two softened sticks of butter, 3 tblsp of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, 1/4 cup pine nuts, and the sauteed peppers. It made a delicious pepper butter.

Then I cooked up some green beans and sliced red, yellow, and orange peppers and tossed them with the pepper butter. It was fantastic! It actually was very pretty even though you can't tell from the picture.
I served this dish at Bible study last Tuesday night along with cheesy mashed potatoes and brats. Delicious!

The other day I was singing "what if his people prayed" by Casting Crowns. Erik mentioned to me that the song is inaccurate and should actually be "what if his people prayed 10% more" since his people do pray, but not enough. Fortunately though, the majority of the people listening to the song are not my husband and can actually understand the message :).

Erik and I are still playing Agricola every night. It hasn't gotten old. In fact, we are always trying to do better. Last night we scored 103 points between us (53-50) which is a pretty high scoring Agricola game!

40 points on Quiddler today!

No comments: