Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sparkly October

Happy 4th of July...or October? We had some sparklers left over from the 4th of July so the girls played with them in October. The house is still standing and no one suffered any burns so it was successful. Even Matthew enjoyed it. I snapped a picture of him smiling at Jenna.




Our garden hasn't produced very many veggies for us this year. It has been rather disappointing. One of the problems is that we see deer almost every day eating our garden. Erik took a picture of the deer but usually they run away before we can get a picture of them eating our garden. They must have amazing hearing since they can hear us get the camera inside our house!


In other news:
  1. I am reading the Blood Knight, book 3 of Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone by Greg Keyes. This is an excellent series. I love the story, the writing, and the characters. He ends his chapters like Martin - always tantalizing you for more.
  2. Erik and I are still trudging through Gardens of the Moon. It is starting to get pretty good but since we read it together, it's been hard to find time for both of us to read without kids.
  3. I start back to work next week.
  4. It looks like I'll be teaching 3 onsite classes and 2 online classes. This to me is a lot even if I wasn't just coming back from maternity leave. It will be a tough semester but hopefully I will survive.
  5. To help myself get organized I've started listing what I will accomplish everyday in three areas: cooking, cleaning, and work. It has helped me somewhat organize myself. I need all the help I can get.
  6. 65 on quiddler today - no bonuses!





No comments: