Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's Off to Work I go!

Today was my first day back to work. It was bittersweet. While I taught two online classes last semester, this semester I am teaching two online and three onsite classes. It's really a lot for me and I hope I survive.

The first thing I noticed about going back to work is that my shoes don't fit anymore. My feet must have swollen big time when I was pregnant with Matthew.
Now that my feet are more normal size my shoes are falling off of them. Bummer. I'm not into shopping, especially for shoes. I may have to turn in my girl card because I will probably just have Erik pick up a pair of black flats at Meijer.
Probably the saddest part of going back to work is that Erik and I will not be able to play Agricola every night. We play so often that our 2 year old asks us at random times who is starting player. Back to regular hobbies I guess.
The girls dressed up for ballet today. These pictures I took with my fancy new droid phone. Sarah is in the yellow duck costume and Jenna is Cinderella in the pictures. The pictures didn't come out that great but you can see some of the other kids in the class too. Both of them absolutely LOVE ballet! If I could - I would enroll in the hip hop class they offer :).
We just finished week 5 of our 6 week Go Fish Bible study by Andy Stanley. I think he's a great speaker and his studies always spark good discussion. After the new year we will start another study. Erik and I discussed doing one of these two: Seven Pillars of Healthy Living or Christianity, Cults, and Religion. The first study sounds like it will make me feel guilty for eating chocolate and not exercising enough and the second sounds like I'll learn about all different religions of the world. They both sound good - so we'll see what the rest of the small group wants to do.
75 points on Quiddler today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it that they like the Duck costume. I am not sure that I would be a duck, but they seem to like it. Nana