Thursday, February 03, 2011

Matthew's friends

Matthew has friends, lots of friends. Here is a picture of Matthew and Tyson. Tyson is 2 1/2 months younger and someday they will be friends (as long as Matthew doesn't squish him!).

Matthew also has a lot of lady friends. Here he is in a playpen with three little girls. You can see what he's thinking....

On a different topic - I have been learning so much since reading What the Bible is All About by Henrietta Mears. I know I've talked about this before, but I'm really enjoying this. While I've read through the Bible a few times, I have not connected the Bible as one big story before. Mears describes the central theme of the Bible as redemption.

She also ties in all the books together to illustrate Jesus our Savior throughout the entire Bible.
Just a few examples: Exodus shows Jesus as the Passover Lamb, Judges shows Jesus as our deliverer judge, Ruth shows Jesus as our kinsman redeemer, Esther shows Jesus as our advocate, 1&2Kings show Jesus as our king...

The list goes on.

While all of this may be obvious to everyone else but me - I like it spelled out (I might be slow). I'm enjoying seeing Jesus in the entire Bible. Now I need to translate that and share Jesus with everyone else.

On another absolutely different topic. Really this is absolutely different.

I confessed to Erik a hobby that I would love to take up. He thinks I'm crazy. Yes crazy! I would love to be a bird watcher. I even picked up a book at the library about it. There are so many beautiful birds in our backyard and I'd love to learn their songs. I'd also like to catalog some of the different birds I see when we go camping. Someday we will go camping all around the US but we have small children so that isn't happening now. Then my glorious dreams of seeing birds can come true.

By the way- if you were wondering how my body wrap went, it was not a success. One of the women lost 3" in her waist and another lost 6". Sometimes it happens that after a body wrap you will gain inches. Yes - that was me. I gained an inch. Erik didn't understand why I paid them $20 to make me fatter. Such is life...

60 points on Quiddler today.


2 comments:

Amanda said...

OH NO!!! That's crazy! I don't think I'll be trying that unless there's a guarantee of lost inches. :)

When I married Rick, I started learning all sorts of birds. I don't know their calls very well, but all it takes is one reference book on N. American birds and time looking out your window. Even Jack can name most birds in our backyard now. Good luck with this new hobby. It really is enjoyable to know the different bird types. Wish I knew the calls better.

Anonymous said...

I have a book about North American birds from the Audobon society. It is really good. I love the pictures of Matthew. Nana