Tuesday, February 15, 2011

You love me

Happy Valentines Day!
For Valentines Day I wrote a poem to my love, my God.  I am not a poet and writer like my brother-in-law and friend so don't be too critical of me.

You Love Me
You created me, fashioning me in your image
You spoke to me, filling my heart with your beauty
You corrected me, guiding me when I failed you
You answered me, teaching me your ways are not mine
You rescued me, pulling me up from the sea of my depression
You caught me, dragging me down from my lofty pride
You died for me, cleansing me from sin's stain
You saved me, returning from the grave with new life
You changed me, purifying me with your fire
You love me, pursuing me with your unceasing love

2 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

A very sweet poem about our greatest love. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your poem! It reveals love for the Lord and his bountiful Grace bestowed upon us!