Friday, February 25, 2011

Photography

I usually get pictures done at Target for the kids however the copyright always bothers us.  We pay them to take pictures of us but yet we don't get to keep the pictures.  So we went to DaleLynn Photography to get pictures taken of the kids.  Here are some of the pics that she took - it was an awesome experience.  And we got the copyright so we can make as many prints as we want - yipee!

Right now I'm on a little hiatus since it is finals week and I've been spending all my free time grading and working on next session.  I'll have a Friday night class next session - bummer.  I'll also be teaching 5 classes (2 online) which is quite a lot for me.  Hopefully I'll survive. The good thing is that this is my last session before my break.

Yea....that's right....

8 weeks off!! No work!



Books I'm reading:
  • The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.  This book is for our Coo* book club and I love it.  The writing is good and I'm drawn in by the story.
  • The Born Queen by Greg Keyes. This is the last book in a 4 book series.  I have about 75 pages to go and the main character was just killed.  I'm not sure if this is a red wedding kind of thing like Martin or if she is not really dead.  Either way - this book is great and I can't wait to finish it.
  • Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clark.  This book combines two things I love: magic and Jane Austen's England. The tone of the writing and much about the writing is exactly like Pride and Prejudice (I daresay!).  I love it!  Plus it has magic.  Lots of neat magic.  There is also something in the undertone of Jane Austen and Susanna Clark's writing that is whimsical I daresay.  There are many places I laugh although in our day it wouldn't seem like a joke!
  • Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst (I think).  This book started out great but I'm not enjoying it so much. The book is about replacing a food addiction with an addiction to God.  However the author doesn't eat sugar, bread, pasta, etc.  To me that sounds like she still has a food addiction.  Unless you are turly free to eat whatever you want and worship God - then you are still a food addict (imo).
  • I'm probably reading 10 other books but can't remember them now. Isn't that sad :)
78 points on Quiddler today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, and I did not take the cd. Sorry Nana.