Wednesday, May 25, 2011

11 months - let's go to the zoo!

Matthew is 11 months old now.  Really.  11 months old!  He will be a year on June 20.  How exciting!  To celebrate we went to the zoo.  I got pictures of all three kids at the habitat house at the zoo. 


It was a beautiful day and we've been enjoying the weather.  Of course it is also raining, thunderstorming and tornadoeing (if that is a word).  Tonight I had to tuck in the girls multiple times because they were scared.  Erik was off playing racquetball or he would have taken some of the tucking in duties.  I told them before bed that there might be a tornado so I'd have to wake them up and take them downstairs.

Well that was not my brightest moment. 

They couldn't sleep.  They wanted me to sing songs, pray with them, and sleep with them because they were scared.  Next time, I'll just wait and see if there is a tornado.

Today I did another "not bright" thing.  Maybe this time off of work is reducing my brain cells.  Anyway, I put Matthew in his high chair and got lunch ready for the girls.  As I was fixing lunch I look over at him and he is standing up facing the other direction leaning out of the high chair. 

I didn't get there in time. 

He fell out of the high chair and landed on the linoleum head first.  Poor guy.  We need to strap him in all the time now.  He is too agile! He will make a good ranger in EQ2.





In other news:
  • I took Sarah to the metropark Wildlife Exploration program. It is her third program and if she attends 5 programs she gets a nifty badge.  I went with my friend Jen and my friend Candi and their kids. We had a great time!
  • My two MBA classes are going well.  I had a midterm this week in accounting which was fun.  It's much easier than teaching classes.  I might just be a perpetual student.
  • Speaking of my session off - why am I so behind on everything?  I had this great idea that I would clean and do laundry and be all caught up on everything, run 5ks every day, redesign my website, yada, yada, yada.  I haven't done any of it.  This vacation is going by tooooo fast.
  • I am currently reading a few books -
  • Wise Mans Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. This is for our COO* book club.  I like this story and am excited to hear what happens to the main character.  He is a good storyteller.
  • A Cavern of Black Ice by J.V. Jones. I waited 2 months for this book at the library since they only have 1 copy.  When I finally got it I didn't read it right away then had to take it back since I had a *few* fines.  Now I finally got it again.  Yipee!  I'm excited for this book.
  • The Dispossessed by Ursual K. LeGuin. I picked this book up again and it is very political.  Still a good story though - I want to see who wins, the capitalists or the anarchists. 
  • Books I just finished -
  • The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan.  This is a new series after the Percy Jackson series.  I really enjoyed this book.  It was fun and quick.
  • Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clark. This was such a neat book set in England in the 1800s. It really was Pride and Prejudice meets a fantasy world.  I liked the book but I know it is not for everyone. 
  • The Judgement by Beverly Lewis.  This was a great book and the start of a new series by Beverly Lewis.  She draws you into the Amish world and I always wish I was part of it!  Of course Erik says I couldn't have internet access or my droid.  Bummer.
67 points on quiddler today!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Poor little guy! They all have to land on their heads at some point, right? Do you watch Modern Family? An old episode still pops into my head - whey the dads bumped lilly's head on the ceiling. Makes me laugh.

Seeing your family photo at the zoo, all on the letter W, makes me want to get my next family picture there!!! What a cute picture that would be. :) I want to go to the zoo with you. Call me next time. :)