Monday, May 16, 2011

Camping 2011

Last weekend we went on our first camping trip of the season and Matthew's first camping trip ever!  We camped at Buckeye Lake KOA, which is a fun place to camp.  The sites have large, mature trees, there is a huge jumping pillow for the kids as well as a pool and playground, and they have many activities - hello ice cream social! 

We had a fabulous time.  Matthew crawled around in the mud all weekend and the girls ate smores and got all sticky (see picture). This was a really great camping trip. Erik took a nice long nap and I got to read some of my book (which is way overdue at the library!).

Here is a picture of Matthew in our camper as well as a picture of all 3 kids piled in the back of the Explorer.  This is something we won't have to do much longer since we just got our third seat for the Explorer! Yipee!  Erik will have to install it and once he does, we won't have to squish anymore.


After the fun filled weekend we were a little tired and I may have forgotten to close the gate to our stairs.  This oversight led to Matthew climbing up the stairs and playing in the plant's dirt.  He made a tremendous mess and the girls were quick to correct him (I think correcting Matthew is Sarah's favorite thing to do). 

Since I've had this session off from working, one would assume I would have the house spotless and the laundry all caught up.  Ummm.... no.  I'm still behind on everything.  EVERYTHING!  Although I have been going to bed around 11 or 11:30 something I normally didn't do (if I go to bed before 12:34 it's an early night).  So I'm more rested but other than that - I'm still behind on cleaning!

 

97 points on Quiddler today and I got to make the word "aching".


No comments: