Sunday, May 08, 2011

I couldn't pick one thing!

Every night at dinner we all share our favorite things of the day.  Erik usually shares something about a process or program he got working for his job, Jenna often says "seeing Daddy" (yes she is a daddy's girl!), Sarah's favorite thing is nonsense 96% of the time, and I usually pick a favorite thing from the day.  Today I couldn't pick.  Yes, that's right.  There were too many good things today that I couldn't just pick one!

This morning I woke up to Erik making pancakes.  He made pancakes for me that spelled "MOM".  What an awesome guy.  Who doesn't love pancakes?

Then we went to church where I got to do projection.  I really like doing projection (projecting the words to the songs on the screen) so that made me happy.

Next we came home to Erik making pasta for lunch.  Yum!  I love pasta!  I also ate leftover cookies from the wedding we went to last night. My cousin Angie got married yesterday, and instead of a useless wedding favor, we all got empty boxes (sounds useless, but wait....). There was a cookie buffet and everyone filled their boxes with an assortment of cookies. I stuffed mine full (I mean full!) of cookies.  This was the best wedding favor ever! Of course her parents own a bakery so a cookie buffet is not too outlandish. 

Next the girls and I went on a wildflower walk at one of the metroparks.  We were led by a park guide who showed us the different wildflowers and told us which ones to stay away from and which ones were edible (I will probably them up). The girls loved it!
When we got home, Erik had put all of the dirt in our gardens and was assembling the boards to lay across the gardens.  After he finished, we planted the plants in our square foot gardens. 

Erik followed the Square Foot Garden technique from a book he got for Christmas.  He used a mixture of 1/3 peat moss 1/3 vermiculite 1/3 composte. I hope our garden does better this year than it has in the past.

So as you can see, my day was fabulous.  I couldn't pick just one favorite thing as we were eating dinner.  Plus I had leftovers of peanut butter cheesecake for dessert which was also incredible!

I have also included a picture of the girls sleeping on a mattress on the floor of their room. I'm so glad we spent $500 on bunk beds for them when they sleep on the floor.

80 points on quiddler today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The girls were really good at the wedding and Matthew was on a mission on the dance floor! He had his head down and he was moving and grooving. Nana.