Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Camping with Big Marshmallows

As promised I have some pictures from our camping trip to show.  We went camping at Cross Creek Camping resort with the Masts. The weather was wonderful - 70 and sunny with cool temperatures at night (perfect for sitting by the fire!).  Erik bought these giant marshmallows for making smores (they were seriously 2-3 times the size of a regular marshmallow) but they were sticky and messy so we opted for regular marshmallows. That was a failed experiment in smore technology.
Sarah and Maddie playing at the campground playground


Jenna and Sarah with Sarah holding her most prized possession: a mushroom!

Jenna and Nicholas at Alum Creek Marina

Tim and the kids "playing" shuffleboard (notice Sarah playing in the stones instead)

Matthew eating his plate at the Chinese restaurant.  We went out to a Chinese buffet instead of eating dinner at the campground.  Yum!

The cure for all our marital problems:  Erik loves caramel and not peanut butter.  I love peanut butter and caramel (really I love everything!).  So with those huge marshmallows which were useless for smores, I made rice krispie treats with half peanut butter and half caramel topping (and then chocolate on all of it - of course!).  Now there will never be an argument over what treat I should make!
Jenna and Sarah licking the beaters for the chocolate caramel cake I made.

Tonight we are starting our Bible study - unfortunately I'm teaching Tuesday nights for the next 4 weeks so I won't be able to attend. I'm still making dinner for everyone though.  In fact, I'm so excited for this Bible study!!  We are studying the Jewish feasts so I'll be making the food associated with each feast.  I bought matzo balls and am making challah tonight.  It should be a lot of fun!

Erik has been crazy busy at work though. In fact, I've probably only said 5 words to him in the past week (I'm gone Tues - Thurs).  He is always busy Sept. - Oct and then usually retail companies have code freezes for the holidays.  So I"m looking forward to November. It should be better for him! 

87 points on Quiddler today! And I got to make the word "robing" which was somewhat cool.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun for YOU to do a bible study about FOOD! :) Those rice krispie treats look AWESOME!!! I'll be expecting one in the mail any day now. :) Actually, we've been watching our calorie intake *like hawks!* and I've had very little desserts recently. I can get a bit of a PB chocolate fix by mixing PB, choc syrup and spreading it on saltines. It's not big, but it hits the spot when needed. :)

Gina Cooper said...

Yikes! I can't give up dessert. Not happening. I've tried too many times and it doesn't work for me. I just scoop pb out of the jar and put chocolate chips on it - yum!