Saturday, March 17, 2012

Gender neutral cats

A few months ago Joel and Megan visited us and Megan was wearing the cutest shoes. I loved them but couldn't find any shoes like them. She said they were Clarks and were very comfortable. Apparently Clarks stopped making the shoes she had but I found some other Clarks I really liked.

Yes I just wrote a paragraph about shoes. If you know me, you know I have just a few pairs of shoes I wear because I'm an engineer and not a real woman.

However sometimes I see shoes and like them. Like the following - super cute shoes!
My super cute new shoes
 I've heard a lot lately about making mashed cauliflower rather than mashed potatoes. I thought it would be fun to try and make both for dinner and have a taste test! Erik, Sarah, and Matthew did not touch the cauliflower. Only Jenna and I ate it. Bummer - I thought it was fantastic!
Mashed potatoes and mashed cauliflower
 To get ready for spring planting, we will be starting several seeds indoors. We usually buy these little cups from Lowes to put our seeds in. This year Erik found a good idea on Pinterest a very manly website to create little cups to hold seeds out of newspaper. Sarah was very "helpful" filling the cups with dirt.
Sarah and Daddy making starter dirt cups for plants.
 Wednesday was a momentous occation in our household. It was Pi day 3/14! I made a double chocolate silk pie which was really incredible. This picture isn't great because the whip cream is overpowering it, but the pie was fantastic! We always have to celebrate Pi day!
Double chocolate silk pie for Pi day!
 I'm not sure if you can read the following picture. It says "I know dont like Matthew". This was written by Sarah. She is pretty good at writing for 4 and it's interesting she chose to write this particular sentence too. She gave this paper to Scruffles since she thinks Scruff does not like Matthew.
Tell us how you really feel Sarah...
Scruffles with his/her blue collar
Scruffles had a little growth on his side. We were a little worried about it so we took him to the vet. Rather than just watching it, they removed it and stitched him up. They also gave him a collar he was supposed to wear for 10 days. He wiggled out if it in 2 hours.

On the report listing Scruffles procedure it listed: female spayed. Huh?

David said he paid for Scruffles to get neutered many years ago. One of these doctors is wrong.

Poor Scruffles - no one actually knows his/her gender.

78 points on Quiddler today

1 comment:

DVK said...

Poor Scruffles. Poor, poor Scruffles...