Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Summer bike riding

Jenna on the trail bike
This weather is FANTASTIC! Yesterday was the first day of spring but it felt like summer! We love long family bike rides however Jenna is too big to fit in the bike trailer, so we had to find a way to bring all the kids with us. We probably can't leave some of them at home.

The trail bike is our answer! Jenna pedals along behind Erik and absolutely loves it! I pull Sarah and Matthew in a trailer behind me. So we've been able to bike to Handels and Jenis ice cream in the past week (I'm sure we will go other places besides ice cream shops, but really? why bother??) When we rode to Jenis the other day I got a black and tan sundae. Yum-O! Salty caramel ice cream with hot fudge & caramel topped with roasted almonds, whip cream, and chocolate stout bundt cake. Yea!

On the top of the mountain!
The other day we had a tornado warning. We all went to the basement to huddle against the elements. Rather than huddling, the girls found some old boxes to play with. All three of them had a great time jumping and playing in the big boxes. Yes Matthew is in there too.
I think Matthew is in there somewhere....

Sarah and Daddy love grapefruit



In other news:
  1. Our book club is reading The Windup Girl by Paolo B. It is interesting that you can extrapolate the current state of our society to the one in which this book takes place. This author is one of those authors who immerses you into the world and characters with little backstory. I really like that. It's fun to deduce the world on your own rather than having the author spell it all out for you.
  2. I'm almost finished with Feast of Souls by C.S. Friedman. Great, great book! Instead of reading the second book right away, I'm going to read Rhett Butler's People. This is the story of Gone with the Wind from Rhett Butler's point of view. I'm excited about this book since I really love Gone with the Wind!
  3. To thank Erik for working so hard to pay off the house, I am going to surprise him by signing him up for a Bacon of the month club. I think he will really like this since he seems to have some sort of obsession with bacon.
  4. 70 points on Quiddler today

2 comments:

DVK said...

be careful; 'black and tan' is offensive to the Irish. Google project for you.

Also: congrats on the house and 'yay bacon!'

Gina Cooper said...

Of course I had to google it. The black and tans were a paramilitary organization that suppressed revolution in Ireland and also attacked Irish civilians (thanks wikipedia!!) Of course this was 90 years ago and I don't think the sundae was made after this organization :)