Friday, March 09, 2012

No debt, no extra r's

I've really enjoyed making bread from my new bread cookbook The Bread Bible, however when I ask the girls what bread they want me to make it is always vanilla bread.

I like variety.

Apparently they don't.

The vanilla challah bread I make is delicious. The recipe calls for a vanilla egg wash on top which gives it a nice golden vanilla flavored crust. So yummy! We also make vanilla butter to put on the bread (butter, powdered sugar, vanilla). Erik even made vanilla almond butter to spread on the bread. Yum! Still - I'd like to make something else! I made beer cheese bread the other day but they didn't want it. This is becoming an obsession!
Vanilla challah with vanilla butter
In other news:
  1. We paid off our house. Oh yea!!!  I'm so excited that we have no debt. How awesome is that :). This really gives us freedom to buy a castle like Erik wants or travel the world like I want or rather to save more for our kids' college education.  To celebrate we are planning on going out to eat somewhere - possibly a Japanese steakhouse. I've only been to one once and thought it was really fun!
  2. I went running and swimming tonight. Because I've been training for this triathlon I've started to fall in love with running again. When I go to the faculty symposium for a week in April I'll be bringing my running shoes since the hotel has a fitness center.
  3. At spinning class last week the teacher played this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE&ob=av3e I seriously almost laughed out loud. This is too funny.
  4. Integer only has one r. After teaching this basic programming class for the past two semesters this has become a little pet peeve of mine. One r, just one.
  5. 83 points on quiddler today. I got to make the word "math" and the word "quiz"

2 comments:

Tim Mast said...

So what seems to be the spelling problem with integer? Is it 'integerr' or the much, much worse 'interger'?

Amanda said...

Congrats on your debt free home!!!!! What an accomplishment!!! that's so awesome!