Saturday, December 13, 2008

10 Songs of Christmas



In the spirit of Christmas, I've decided to make a list of my top 10 favorite Christmas songs. I probably should have made a top 12 list but the 12 days of Christmas didn't even make the cut so I didn't bother. My favorite Christmas Songs:

10. O Little Town of Bethlehem
9. Jingle Bells Don't be disturbed that the snowman loses his head in the beginning
8. Mary Did You Know?
7. Silent Night
6. The First Noel This video is pretty neat!
5. O Come All Ye Faithful I'm pumped we are seeing Transiberian Orchestra on Saturday!!
4. Joy to the World
3. O Holy Night Sorry about the Celine Dion thing
2. Hark the Harold Angels Sing

and my number one favorite Christmas song (that for some reason has nothing to do with the birth of Jesus - the real reason for Christmas!):
1. Let it Snow

In other news:
  • Starting December 22 I will not be wearing my contacts until January 22 when I'm scheduled to get Lasik! Yea! I can't wait. It will be $3800 for a doctor to shine a laser bean into my eye and cut it all up but then I'll be able to see. All the time.
  • Jenna and I made a gingerbread house again. We had a great time and I've included the picture. She always wants to eat the house while we're making it.
  • Today I went to the Banana Leaf vegetarian Indian Restaurant with my friend Susan. It was pretty good but they didn't have naan. They also didn't have chicken curry, the only thing Erik actually likes at Indian restaurants. Even so, they provided bottomless cups of mango lassi - yum!
  • 53 points on Quiddler today. I made the word "drove" but was stuck with "dqut". The only thing I could do was make the word "ut". Bummer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...."

Great gingerbread house:) and wow - I can remember (yes a long long time ago) when you posted question on if Jenna looked more like you or Erik as a baby and Erik won by a landslide. I'd really have to say she takes after her mother in this picture!

Merry Christmas from the McManamon's and have a great holiday break!

Gina Cooper said...

I do think she looks like me too :). I'm glad other people see the resemblance. Now I wonder who Sarah will look like!