Thursday, December 11, 2008

Children and cats roasting by an open fire

On Friday, Jenna participated in her preschool Christmas play. I labeled her in the picture. It was several 3-4 year olds standing on the stage "singing" a Christmas song to the tune of the Wheels on the Bus. It was very cute. Jenna did well and we think she's ready for Broadway now.

Since we put the Christmas tree up the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we've been sitting in front of the fireplace drinking hot chocolate (or chocolate milk - Jenna, or juice - Sarah). It is somewhat peaceful sitting in front of the fire wrestling Sarah and Scruffles to keep them far enough away from the fire while Jenna jumps on top of us. Serenity.



Yesterday I made white chocolate cranberry cookies. These were the best recipe of white chocolate cranberry cookies I've made. I actually couldn't eat the dough because it smelled so strongly of alcohol. In the double batch I made there was a eighth of a cup of brandy. I didn't get drunk off the cookies but the flavor was great.

Jenna and Sarah are somewhat starting to play with each other. Possibly. It remains to be seen whether they will play as friends any time soon.

I've been playing Scramble on Facebook in the past week. It's digital boggle. What I don't understand is how Joel can get 218 points in 3 minutes. I've been playing for the past couple of days and my highest score is 112. He has doubled that. I have played Boggle against Joel and he has proven his great abilities but he won't divulge his secrets. Even thought I've asked (pestered) him repeatedly.

I only got 50 points on Quiddler today. For some reason it didn't think grep was a word. Hello - unix???









2 comments:

Joel said...

To go ahead and make myself appear less impressive, I believe my 218 score in Scramble came in a 5 minute game. So I had a little longer to search. :)

I believe my highest in a 3 minute game is 182.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Jenna for finally breaking into the big-time! :) Hmmm.. Merriam-Webster online doesn't show grep as a word... grok is in there, but no grep. I think Scramble is lying to you (because it's an evil machine bent on world domination, obviously).