Thursday, December 04, 2008

Baking for Christmas

Baking for Christmas is so much fun. Today I made mocha nut balls and cocoa mint crinkles (see picture). Usually I make 7 different treats for Christmas. This year I'm thinking of:
  1. Mocha Nut Balls
  2. Cocoa mint crinkles
  3. M&M cookies
  4. White chocolate cranberry cookies
  5. Cut outs

After that I'm not sure what to make. I could always fall back on the usual chocolates - and those are easy and fun to make with Jenna.

Both girls are sick now. I've taken them to the doctor 3 times. This last time I finally got antibiotics for Jenna only. Erik and I both went to the doctor and got antibiotics right away. There must be some stigma about giving antibiotics to kids. Antibiotics = kills bad germs. I'm not understanding what the problem is. Erik found a site from the American Academy of Pediatrics mentioning when antibiotics should be given and it's basically never. Bummer. I understand all the risks, superbugs, blah, blah, blah. I want drugs for my girls to make them better!

I just finished the third Mistborn book: The Hero of Ages. It had a great ending that finished up the story nicely. Since Brandon Sanderson will be finishing the Wheel of Time series, it was nice to read this book which tied up all the loose ends of the Mistborn trilogy really well.

I'm also reading "the Lost Colony" which is the 5th Artemis Fowl book. I've enjoyed all the Artemis Fowl books as they are on par with Harry Potter - fun, easy reads. This book I'm listening to on audiobook and the reader is excellent! I listen on my mp3 player when I work out but if Erik is there he makes me talk to him so I can't listen to my book. Maybe I should get him his own mp3 player for Christmas....

86 on Quiddler today and got to make the word "woo" but "wooy" and "woa" are not words. I thought those were things you said to horses?







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Exercise is a sure fire trigger to increase the growth of new brain cells, and it supercharges the mental circuits", says John Ratey,MD, an associate clinical professor of psychaitry at harvard Medical School and author of "Spark"

"...The brain feeds on social interaction: It's complicated, challenging, rewarding and fun," says Dr. Ratey. "So when you combine it with exercise you maximize your brain's growth potential."