Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Festival






On Saturday we went to the Fall Festival and chili cook off at church. There was a "turtle lady" there who had turtles and snakes for kids to pet and watch walk around the church. Sarah tried to climb in the cage with the turtles.
I tried 8 different chilis which was wonderful! I love chili but do not make it often since Erik is not such a fan. I was stuffed! There was a bouncy house and hay ride at the fall festival too. Jenna has also made some good friends. You can see her here with Paige (left) and Kate (right). These girls also come to our Tuesday home group and Jenna really likes them. Jenna spent the entire night holding hands with Paige. I'm so glad she has found some good friends! Towards the end of the evening, our whole family was roasting marshmallows outside by the bonfire, but Jenna and I decided to come in. After about half an hour Erik and Sarah came in and Sarah had a marshmallow in her mouth just as you can see in the picture. I thought it was the same marshmallow (yucky). However, Erik said she ate tons of marshmallows while she was out there. Great. I've won mother of the year this time! Sugar overload.
Joel has requested me to write a list of my favorite programming languages. I'm working on such a list right now. So you can sit on the edge of your seat waiting for my awesome list (yes awesome it will be!)
We are planning on going to the Fabulous Food Show in Cleveland the weekend of Nov. 13-15. I'm so excited about this! Celebrity chefs will be there along with food tasting and cooking demonstrations. This should be completely awesome.
Now you might wonder why I have flexed my photoshop skills again with my picture. My highlights had grown out to the point that half my hair was brown and half was orange, so I decided to color it with Revlon's natural dark brown/black. Well it is mostly black. I am not a big fan of my hair as it is black as night (which apparently helps me fit the role of snow white according to Jenna). However, I noticed that Megan Fox has dark hair/ almost black. So I wanted to see if I looked much like Megan Fox now. My brown eyes may have gotten in the way so I colored them blue. Then my nose was much bigger than hers so I shrunk it a little. What do you think? Am I a spitting image of the Transformers star?
82 points on Quiddler today and I got to make the word "raver". Tonight I also beat Erik at squash - yipee!

2 comments:

Scionic said...

Awesome! You look like a Fremen!

If you walk without rhythm, you won't attract the worm!

-J

Gina Cooper said...

You are right! I look more like Chani than Megan Fox. Although that means Erik is Muad'dib and I'm just a concubine. I'm not a big fan of that arrangement.