Saturday, October 03, 2009

Jesus at Ren Fest?

Today we went to the Renaissance Festival and had a fabulous time as usual! Jenna rode several rides and both girls rode ponies. We ate medieval food, watched the Mudd show and jousting, and enjoyed the general atmosphere. When we were at the pirate show, Sarah started saying "Jesus" and doing the sign for Jesus. I've posted a picture of the pirate - I'm not exactly sure he resembles Jesus but apparently Sarah thinks so.

This year the Renaissance Festival had a board game shop. This was new (we don't remember it last year or previous years - yes we go every year!). The shop had the usual catan and carcassone games as well as some new interesting games. We did buy Kids of Catan for Jenna to play. It looks like fun so I'm excited to play with her.
I know you were all sitting on the edge of your seats in anticipation to see how my experiment with the Love Handler turned out. 6 weeks ago I started rubbing this lotion on my belly to tone up my midsection. Well in the 6 weeks I have lost 0.5"! Wow! I was so excited. However I fasted on yesterday and the day before. So I hadn't eaten for 2 days when I measured my belly. So it probably actually didn't work. Then Erik made the comment that it probably only works on people with a little belly fat. Apparently I have too much belly fat for it to work on me :). Today I pigged out at the Ren fest so maybe I regained my 0.5".
On Tuesday at Bible study everyone ate all of my sun dried tomato chicken pasta. This week I'll be making 5 quiches. I hope it will be enough!
75 points on Quiddler today. Apparently "luver" isnt' a word. Who knew?



No comments: