Sunday, October 11, 2009

Monster ball

We went on our last camping trip of the season this weekend. We went to Buckeye Lake for their Monster Ball. On Saturday the girls painted pumpkins and entered them in a contest (they didn't win). We played in the sand and the jumping pillow Buckeye Lake KOA has. While this KOA is expensive we like it quite a bit. So we decided to renew our KOA membership (it gives you a discount on camping).
At 5pm we rode a fire truck and then a wagon. The girls had a great time on both. Then they changed into costumes: Jenna = snow white, Sarah = little red riding hood and trick or treated at the campground. This resulted in a lot of candy and important disucssions as to the order of eating candy. Erik thinks the best candy should be eaten last. I think the best candy should be eaten first and maybe never eat the other candy. I came up with a tier system for candy:
  • Tier 1: reeces cups, kit kat, butterfinger, mr. goodbar, nestle crunch (basically yummy chocolate candy bars)
  • Tier 2: snickers, milky way, three musketeers (still yummy)
  • Tier 3: plain chocolate, milk duds, whoppers (good - not great)
  • Tier 4: nerds, tootsie roll lollipops (I guess I'll eat it)
  • Tier 5:runts, sweet tarts, tootsie rolls (not tempting at all)
  • Tier 6: laffy taffy, dum dums, hard candy, pixie sticks (might get *accidently* thrown away)
  • Tier 7: black jelly beans (yuck)

    Erik and I had vastly different candy tiers since he likes wonka and all wonka is basically tier 4 and below.
Saturday night we put the girls to bed and sat outside by the fire. We had a nice night talking and relaxing. Sarah was warm when we put her to bed but gave her some tylenol and thought she would be fine.
At 12:30 she woke up screaming and was burning up. It burned me to touch her! I tried to get her to take more tylenol but she threw it up. She threw up milk and everything else too. On Saturday she didn't eat much but she doesn't eat much anyway so we didn't think she was that sick. I ended up being awake with her most of the night calming her.
Then I decided we were leaving in the middle of the night. Since I have the best husband ever, we packed up in the middle of the night and left the campground. At home I just held her and gave her a bath. She cooled down some but is still sick. Keep praying for her.

On the ride home, Erik = awesome father. Erik decided that instead of listening to rock music on the radio, he is going to listen to the River when the girls are in the car with him. SCORE! He wants them to hear and repeat good Christian lyrics. Mwaahahaha....I will soon turn everyone to listening to my contemporary Christian music!
88 points today on quiddler. No bonuses!

1 comment:

Joel said...

I would mostly agree with your tier system, though I would likely move Milk Duds and Whoppers down to tier 4, and Nerds up to tier 3. Though I do have to say, I am a fan of Pixie Stix and may also move those up to tier 3.

What's the required harvesting skill for gathering dum dums?