Sunday, October 25, 2009

Falling leaves

Fall is upon us and with fall comes leaves. Lots and lots of leaves. The girls love to play in the leaves in our backyard so I rake them up only to have them jumped in and scattered all over the backyard.


Fabulous and fun!

I wanted to get a picture of the burning bush by our driveway. It is such a beautiful red but this picture does not capture it. I love to look at it - a burst of color.

Last Thursday we went to a pumpkin patch with a corn maze, real hayride (yes I had hay in my hair!) and animals for the kids to pet. After the hayride we had apple cider and popcorn. I gave the girls the popcorn in the car because we had to leave early since I had to give a final that night. When we got home, I was not prepared for the mess. Apparently it's a bad idea to give little girls popcorn to spread all over the car.


I've been looking forward to the end of this semester. With two new classes I was really stretched but they went really well. Now this semester I'm teaching math and basic computer applications. Much easier!


In other news:
  1. We are all SICK! I think I might have the flu. My whole body hurts and my head feels woozy (if that's a word). However we know God is protecting us. Sarah woke up saying "Jesus". Erik asked her questions about Jesus. She said "yes" that Jesus was in her room last night helping her feel better. So cute! Of course when we tried to get a video she didn't cooperate that much. Check it out here.
  2. We have had fabulous attendance at our Bible study since I've been making dinner. In fact, one week we ran out of food! This week I'm making 3 meatloafs, mashed potatoes, homemade dinner rolls, and sesame green beans. I hope I have enough.
  3. Erik starts his new job Nov. 2. We are both so excited! He is going there (Boston) for a week to train for his new job.
  4. The same day he starts his new job, I get to sub a Photoshop class! I'm going to use some of my examples (especially my Fremen eyes picture) to show them the awesome things you can do with Photoshop.
  5. Speaking of Fremen, I just started reading Children of Dune by Frank Herbert. I read Dune and Dune Messiah many years ago but hadn't continued the series. I don't know why I didn't continue the series. I love the world of Dune.
  6. I also just finished A Merry Heart by Wanda Brunstetter. This book was okay. It was a book about an Amish woman who was jilted in love. It's hard to go from Children of Dune to A Merry Heart. I don't know why I mix genres so much.
  7. 46 on Quiddler today. I really have to remember not to use all my U's when a Q might show up.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hey Gina!

I just nominated you for an award. http://ouraddledlife.blogspot.com/2009/10/award.html

Blessings,
Jenny