Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat!

I'm a little worried. Sarah has discovered that she is cute and can use her cuteness to her advantage. Can someone who is 22 months old be manipulative? I would think not but evidence supports the opposite conclusion. Tonight was Beggar's Night (trick-or-treat). Jenna was dressed as Sleeping Beauty and Sarah was Little Red Riding Hood. They were both adorable. Even so, Jenna did not use her cuteness to obtain extra candy at neighbor's houses like Sarah did. This is a little disturbing. Sarah came home with more than Jenna and mostly M&Ms which she calls "nummy".
On Wednesday I went to the doctor because I had been sick for the past couple of days. It was getting so bad that for three days I just laid on the couch and let the girls watch TV (Jenna thought it was great). The doctor listened to my symptoms and said she thought I had H1N1. Bummer. I told my deans that I probably wouldn't be able to go to work that night and they said they didn't want me to go in Thursday either. That was kind of a bummer since I don't like to miss class. It was good though because I really couldn't do anything but lay on the couch anyway.
In other news:
  1. One of the fantasy blogs I read has talked quite a bit about Sherrilyn Kenyon. So I picked up Acheron at the library. This book is so interesting. It is fantasy set in 9548 B.C. and is about Atlantian gods. Most fantasy is set in a medieval setting, this is more interesting for the setting and the writing is compelling. I'll definitely read more of her work.
  2. The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson arrived at my door today. So I'll be occupied for the next few days ;).
  3. Erik starts his new job on Monday - Yea! I'm so excited for him and he is just as excited.
  4. 74 points in Quiddler today and ith was not a word. "ith" is definitely a word! When you are referring to a series and talking about the ith item in the series you would use that word. I need to take this up with Quiddler.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can a 22-month-old be manipulative? Oh yes... :)

Anonymous said...

That second pic really shows how Sarah is always on the move. They look soooo cute in their Halloween costumes.

~Mimmie