Monday, October 10, 2011

Beautiful Flowers

Fall is such a beautiful time of year. The leaves are changing color and everywhere you look is so picturesque.
I was going to post my top ten list of favorite trees but realized I never posted my favorite flowers.

Are you kidding?

I know - how could I not post my favorite flowers?  This is such an obvious list that I was shocked I didn't have it on my blog!  Now you can rest assured knowing my list of favorite flowers.

I have put the pictures in this collage left to right :
  1. Rose (fire and ice rose pictured - beautiful!)
  2. Tulip
  3. Lilac (LOVE the smell, my favorite route to run at OSU went by some beautiful lilac bushes, the smell was so intoxicating - like McDonalds french fries only better and less greasy)
  4. Lily
  5. Pansy
  6. Lily of the valley
  7. Columbine
  8. Geranium
  9. Floxglove
  10. Gladiolus
  11. Orchid
  12. Daisy
  13. Iris
  14. Dahlia
  15. Chrysanthemum
I like more flowers than are on this list (obviously), these are just my top 15 favorite flowers.

On a different note:
I prayed with a student a few weeks ago after class because she was in the hospital.  The following week she told me that she was going to have a baby. Wow! She is very young and seemed scared. I gave her some websites and resources, told her I was praying for her and that God had a plan for her and her baby.  She sent me an email that said "Hi Gina, thank you so much for your email the other night it really meant the world to me. I had my doubts about continuing my pregnancy but I really feel like with your prayers and support it helped me to come to the right decision to keep my baby. "

Praise God!  It's times like these that I know God has me at my job for a reason.

In other news:
  • I'm reading A Fortress of Grey Ice by J.V.Jones. This is the second book in this series and I love it!  When my semester is over I will finish the series.
  • I recently finished reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis.  If you have not read this book put it on your reading list. The book challenged me; it's one I could read over and over.
  • Our Coo* book club is now reading Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson. This book is a young adult book, light reading, and funny. I'm glad we are reading this one - it's a break from The Anubis Gates (which I didn't actually read).
  • Here is a video of Sarah describing her opinion of OSU and Michigan. She's so adorable.
  • There are only 2 more weeks left in this difficult semester. Finals week will be crazy for me. I may not sleep the entire week, however next session I'm off completely. What will I do?
  • 68 points on Quiddler today

2 comments:

Amanda said...

My favorite flowers are lilacs and lilies. I'm an L lover I guess.

Praise God about the baby!! That's an awesome thing to be a part of. Great job at speaking up.

I have an idea of what you can do next semester....visit me!!!! let's plan some playdates :)

Gina Cooper said...

Anytime Amanda! We will have to plan a playdate. Sarah and Jack should get along well :)