Monday, October 24, 2011

My Rant on peanuts

Sarah and I had fun making candy corn fudge for her school snack. Sarah carried the fudge into her classroom all excited to share and her teacher looked at it and said "we can't serve this" and gave it back to me. 

Huh?

Apparently some candy corn is made in a facility that has nuts (bag didn't say anything). Her preschool is a nut free facility.  Seriously people - this is going a little too far. I'm not serving nutty peanut butter nut-bars, I'm serving candy corn on vanilla fudge.  Candy corn is pure SUGAR (and some food coloring). 

I understand that peanut allergies can be dangerous. Sarah started crying because we couldn't serve the candy corn fudge.  I felt so bad.  Jenna's first grade class can not have any food for birthday celebrations either. 

In addition, they discourage homemade treats at Sarah's preschool.  Yes - makes perfect sense to me.  Preservative-laden storebought food is much better than homemade!

Nuts! Nuts!  Beware!

Evil Mr. Peanut touching Candy Corn! Muhahahahaha

Switching off my rant now to something much more exciting. I have discovered a chocolate chip cookie recipe yummier than my previous recipe - I'm always up for new recipes. Brown butter and sea salt chocolate chip cookies.  Oh wow! These are soooooooooooo good.  Even the dough was spectacular.  I'll be making these more often.  Not for preschool but just to eat.

Yum-O

Only 30 points on Quiddler today because I got stuck with no vowels at the end. However I made the word "equaling" probably my best word ever!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, those look really yummy! Both the fudge and cookies! Sorry you ended up with your batch of fudge and a crushed preschooler!

Anonymous said...

Is Sarah OK? I feel bad for her.Nana