Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I need more than spellcheck

Embarrassment. I think that's my middle name.

Tonight I was teaching Java Graphics and Event Handlers.  To illustrate Java graphics I used a timer that would create the illusion of moving a ball across a frame by incrementing the x and y coordinates of the ball by 3 pixels every 25 milliseconds.  The event handler would just repaint the screen.

Here is a snippet of my code:
.....
public class MovingBall extends JPanel
{
   //Code here to create variables
    MovingBall()
    {
      //Constructor
     }
     //Create inner class for event handler
    private class BallHandler implements ActionListener
    {
    .....

Oh my. 



 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok that is Greek to me! Nana

Amanda said...

Unfortunately for you, I'm sending this to my programmer BIL so he can get a good laugh out of this. i did notice the ball handler and did laugh, but I'm pretty sure I don't appreciate this as much as you would, :) I'm sure the class (if they saw it already) loved it. "She's the best teacher ever!!"

Gina Cooper said...

I'm glad you saw my mistake. I can't believe I didn't realize that :). Tell your BIL that normally I use better names for my classes :)