Monday, October 17, 2011

October: a pretty cool month

I like October.  It's not too hot, not too cold, the leaves are beautiful and there are an abundance of fall activities.  I like fall activities.  It is also the beginning of holiday eating (something I truly enjoy!).  Note:  October is not my favorite month hmmmm.... sounds like another list!

In the past two weeks we went to a Devry fall party, Leeds Farm, Miller's Country Gardens, and a Halloween Camping trip (more on this later).   I'd also really like to do Hocking Hills Zip Line in the fall but maybe next year when Matthew is older and not so crazy (I hope next year he's not so crazy).  Check out his bear crawl - at some point he will actually walk - then I'll be in trouble!

The girls at the Devry Fall party with their faces painted.  Jenna got a flower and Sarah got a star. Her current favorite shirt has a star on it (pictured)

I caught Matthew at the table eating an apple after one of the girls left without finishing it.

The girls on the banana ride at Leeds Farm.

Our family picture at Leeds.

MUD!  Matthew, Sarah, and I went to Miller's Country Gardens for Sarah's preschool field trip.  It was raining and muddy.  We still went on the hayride (in the mud!) and got out and picked two pumpkins (in the mud!).  I had to take her shoes off and my shoes off and drive home barefoot!

In other news:
  1. This week is finals week for me. After this week I'm off for November and December - yipee! 
  2. We are covering the Jewish Feasts for small group. Each week I've tried to make a traditional Jewish dish.  Last week I made cholent which is basically beef, barley, and potato stew. It was so delicious!  However I threw most of it away since I'm the only one in the family who liked it.  Bummer. So this week for our Jewish study I'm making chicken tortilla bake.  Hopefully I won't have to ditch the leftovers! 
  3. I've been selected to coordinate the Devry faculty symposium. This is for all faculty across the system and only 12 people are on the committee. I'm so excited I was chosen!
  4. I have also been giving workshops on Saturdays for students and faculty.  I'm giving one workshop on Friday titled Microsoft Office tips and tricks and one on Saturday about Microsoft Access.  There has been great turnout and I think they have gone well.  Hopefully these next two go well too.
  5. 90 points on Quiddler today

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

October is a great month! Nana

Anonymous said...

I like that family picture. Maybe you should use it for Christmas. Nana